Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day one of last leg to the Run done

Today my Brother and I left Colorado Springs to head out to L.A. for the 26th annual Run for the wall.  We had planned to go across I-70 through Utah and down I-15 through Las Vegas to L.A., but old man winter has not given up on the mountains just yet.  We found a little ice on the road in the Shadows.  Called the third rider that is with us to see if he had left yet, he had been trying to call my Brother all morning because he did not want to deal with Vail pass, so we met him and went south to I-40.  In the process we picked up a 4th rider.  We also met several very nice folks on the way.  Almost all of them have been walking up to one, or all of us and thanking us for our service.  The vests we wear have patches indicating that we are Vets.  I have had this experience before, and this is nothing new, but it is always really cool.  We met one gentleman today, who is a Vietnam Vet, who said he thought the nutty part of what we are doing is going all the way out to L.A., California just to turn around and go to Washington D.C..  He did appreciate what we are doing, just thought it was a little nuts.  We all agreed with him, and my brother said "Some one has to do it."  He is right, if we did not do this did not make a big deal and ride across country like we do no one would remember, and we can never forget that this country has left way too many behind.


We are in Gallup, and the Mayor is coming to see us.  This is very cool because he is a friend, and a great guy too.   He redid my Brother and Sister-In-Law's wedding vows in 2011 and her ring needs to be repaired, he has graciously offered to get that done.  He is a great guy, and Gallup is lucky to have him.

Well 0630 comes early, I am going to head to bed as soon as Jackie McKinney get here.

Thanks for reading.


Bounce
aka the truck whisperer.

Oh I almost forgot, I jumped down a truck driver's throat with both feet today, I asked him to back off, he pulled a radio Rambo and told me not to tell him how to drive his truck, I told him that our bikes could stop in 150 feet, his truck stops in 540 feet, either back off because my Brother's trailer was reacting badly to the wind we were in, or go around us.  This was a Tyson Driver I got his truck number, but he backed off, and then went around us, so no problem.  I was pretty firm, but polite, and I wiped my boots off before jumping down his tailgating throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12