Thursday, May 8, 2014

Safe and Sound in Coloraodo Springs, and except for Vail Pass, it is an all downhill trip from here.



I am safe and sound at my Brother Bob Shore Party's house. He and his wife Penny aka Sage Owl, allow me to visit here every year on my Run to the Run.  Bob and I leave for California on Sunday, which is Mothers Day.  I left early from Wisconsin to avoid rain, and except for a few sprinkles in Denver I did it.  First time in 10 trips that I didn't get wet.

The pictures above deserve some explanation. The first is the center of Clyde's fairing, it is a decal that Shore Party put on him in 2005.  Gives him character, and reminds me of why I ride.
The Second is Krazy Karl Hartz, in DC with a T-shirt some cool school kids gave him at the wall.  Karl doesn't ride with us anymore, and I miss him and his guidance and support on the Run.  Well I miss it in person.   He follows with this blog and my emails that I send to Stevens Transport folks, and he reminds me of things, and chews on me for others.  Which is good keeps me honest, but I still miss his Yankee Voice on the CB.

The last picture is of a Security Police Badge with a black ribbon on it.  That is for all the guys and gals that have lost their lives in the line of duty, protecting and serving.  I dedicated my ride one year to a friend from Technical School and Air Base Ground Defense School, he died in a chopper crash a long time ago.  I have ridden for him pretty much every time I have done the Run.  Chuck I miss you too.

We had a discussion way back in 1977 about what we would do after we got out of the Air Force (we called it the "war" back then but as a joke).  We decided that we would grow pony tails and beards and ride motorcycles from coast to coast (Like Bronson  a 70's Television show) and that too became a joke.  We needed it cause Tech school was tough, and the Air Base Ground Defense school was tougher.  But we got through it.
So Chuck, I now have a pony tail (will get pictures and maybe a video of it getting cut off this year.  I plan to donate it to Locks of Love in Chuck's name) that will be cut off on the Run this year.  

OK that is it for today, have a check call to type.

Thanks everyone for reading this blog.  If you enjoy it leave a comment, if you want to know something leave a comment, if you don't like something leave a comment.
I moderate the comments, but I do not edit them. Unmoderated comments open the door for spammers and kids at Rainelle sometimes read this thing.

Thanks again,
and Clyde you did great getting me here old horse, keep up the good work

Bounce
The Truck Whisperer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12