Sunday, May 4, 2014

They call it house keeping, I call it things I forgot

Just a short post today,
I forgot to mention a few things about my Run to the Run and what I do on Run for the Wall.


First, Stevens Transport is a great company to work for, and they support all their employees, and they have a lot of Veterans working for them.  So if you know anyone looking for a good paying job that is just getting out of the military, tell them to look up a Stevens Recruiter.  Truck driving is not for everyone, there is so much more to it than just the driving, but until the Government regulates it to the point that no one will do it, it is a pretty rewarding way to work.l

Stevens paid for my airfare home and back to work, not because they have too, but because I asked for the support, Stevens gave me a great camera so there will be pictures, and now that I have the right video card videos too.

Stevens is giving me the time to do the run, they allow me the extended leave of absence needed to participate.   I had to earn the money to cover my bills for May and part of June, and of course the cost of the run, but that was easy since they dispatched me 141000+ miles in 10 months.

My Wife lets me work harder than I have too, so that I can do the Run, but even with all the miles I get home when I want to, and when she needs me to be there.

The only requirement I received from Stevens Management was to update them with a email on my progress, when they said that I said "Sure what is the email address, I will add you to my list"  they gave it.

So now it is May, I will be posting here pretty much every day.

Here is what I sent to the 38 folks on my email list today

Hi all,
If you are getting this it is because you are on my list to receive information about my Ride to California and more importantly Run For The Wall.  For the folks in safety the web page is rftw.org.  There are three routes and they are listed there.  Please try to let our drivers know that while the Run is moving traffic will be disrupted.  Departure and arrival times are listed for each route.  I will try to give numbers of bikes on all three, but Central route, the one I am on is the only one I can promise accurate numbers for.   

These emails will have pictures, and this is not the complete list, and it is not a closed list.


Please share these emails as you see fit, and if there is anyone who wants to be added let me know.  Now that I have figured out the new yahoo, it is pretty easy to add to it.


Thanks again to those who made this possible, list is almost as long as the list for this email, but you folks know who you are.

Dave Talley
Aka  Bounce the Truck Whisperer  (Cause someone has to calm them down)
Aka  Dances with Semi's
Aka  Semi Slayer   (Clyde the motorcycle has promised not to damage any Semi's on the road to Angel Fire this year. But that won't be a problem since the State of New Mexico is shutting the road down completely once we are on it.)
The story of why I call my motorcycle Clyde is in this blog, and the story of how I became Bounce on RFTW is also in this blog.

Thanks for reading....I am stoked and ready to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12