Saturday, May 3, 2014

At home packing to start 3rd leg of my Run to the Run

I made it home yesterday evening.  The flight was good, but going from +70 to +49 was to say the least a  little uncomfortable.  But I made it.

Today I spent the day with my step grandson.  Mostly goofing off. This is a picture of Jake and his buddy the Michelin Man at Wausaau Sam's Club.
Photo: One of my grandsons. Jake, giving the Michelin man a hard time at Sam's club.

We had lunch there.  Fresh fruit, steak, BBQ pork, chips and dip, lemonade, tea, hot dogs, cheese cake, pop corn, and a black bean burger.(Jake didn't even try that)  Great way to kill the hour we had to wait for tires on my jeep to get rotated.  We walked around and checked all the sample booths.  We found 12 of them.  When Jake tried to sample the Mike's hard Lemonade, the lady asked for his ID and he told her he left his wallet at home.  She told him no ID no sample.  Since I was driving I didn't sample that either, but the Italian Ice Lemonade was pretty good.
Then I went home changed Clyde's oil, set up my tent then repacked it.  It is new, I am going to donate my old one toe Goodwill.  The tent is still in great shape, but the new one fits exactly into the side bag on Clyde, and is a little bigger than the old one, but packs up smaller, go figure.

I bought some nuts, chocolate covered raisins, generic M&M's and some mini pretzels.  Mixed them all in a big bowl, and no I have three large bags of trail mix for the trip.  After much debate I think I am going to take fleece sleeping bag, instead of my heavier mummy bag.  All I have left to do is pack clothes.  Trying to decide if I am going with vacuum bags, or a waterproof duffel bag.  I will make that call tomorrow.

Thanks Stevens Transport, Angela Horowitz, Cat Ambrose, Bonnie Dorsey, Don V, John Norris.  Without you folks I wouldn't be able to do this trip.  J=R Express was also pretty good at getting me to the airport on time.  If I forgot anyone I am sorry.  a lot of folks have helped way more than I could list here.

Thanks again everyone.

Weather outlook till Thursday, warm and sunny from here to Colorado Springs.  Provided I can get there by Thursday.

To those on the list, daily check calls start Monday evening.  If you want to be on that list comment here with your email. I will post the comment, not the email.

Thanks for reading

IT IS MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12