Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lots of bikes on the road

In the last two weeks I have been in nine different states, and have seen lots of bikes on the road, some in groups of more than five, and some twos and threes.  In Texas I saw a group riding north on I-35 that looked very tight, and riding in a formation. I could not tell if it was a club, or a Patriot Guard mission, or just some folks practicing for the Run, but they looked good.  Very good.  There are a lot of billboards out there reminding folks to look twice for bikes and bikers cause we are everywhere.   Just a reminder to my friends that ride, keep your eyes open, and concentrate on what you are doing, because you are almost guaranteed that the big trucks and four wheelers (aka cages) are not paying attention to you.  A biker that is aware of what is going on around him will make it where he is going a lot safer, than one that is not aware.   Remember those cages will not see you until after they hit you, then they will try to blame you for being in their way, so please stay aware, stay upright and visible.  Slowing down a little will help too.

Thanks everyone for reading these words, I will be updating the Runs progress, even though I won't be able to go all the way this year.  I have hopes of joining my Brother and his Wife at Goodland, KS and then going at least as far as Saint Louis, but I still do not know, an probably won't know till the kickstand is up.

Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12