Thursday, April 18, 2013

Well Things sure have changed in the last month. I am really up Now

My last post was all about how I could not do Run for the Wall this year.   I was really down.  This mission that I do is pretty important to me.  This blog is not dedicated to the Run, but I am.   This week I finally got some things to come together, and in May, Clyde and I will be making our annual trek to Rancho Cucamunga, and we will be participating (and with a lot of luck going all the way to DC) in the 25th annual Run For The Wall.  This will be our seventh Run.  I am excited, and Clyde is in the Yamaha shop in Wisconsin Rapids, being tended to lovingly by none other than Troy Donahue.  Yep that is actually my Mechanics name.  This time of year he is usually working on snow mobiles, getting them ready for the summer storage season, but he is pretty good. I told him Clyde was in need of a lot of care, and he told me not to worry, the old scoot will be ready for the 7000 miles that we have to travel.

Clyde is going to be really happy this trip, cause he will be traveling with a free and clear title.  Or to quote the Beach Boys  "I got the pink slip Daddy".  Still have a few more things that have to come together perfectly, but I am going.  Might have to drop out early due to lack of funds, but I am going.  I hope the weather is good.  No more snow in Williams please.  So tomorrow of the next day I am going to write a new story.  It is about old times.  I had a short chat with a friend who is German, and I started to remember some things about my race days.  So I thought why not write the story of Shade Tree Racing, how and why it got started.  We were a great team.  My son Luke, and three friends of mine, we built race cars, and we actually won some races too.  Anyway that is coming in the next week or so.

I will be posting pictures, and videos both here and on Face Book, during the Run.   I guess the question is answered.  I am really glad things have come together.   Really glad.


Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12