Monday, June 29, 2009

Home at last again

(Picture is of Bear and Randy)
Dixie and I are home again at last. In the next three days I have to help Judy finish moving, get my license renewed and get some fishing in. I doubt that I will get to go fishing, but I have to renew the license and finish the move. We have been here about 8 hours, and already Dixie has managed to eat her fill of dry cat food,and make a new friend. The foster Collie Amber is here, and her and Dixie seem to have hit it off pretty well. She has also reestablished who is boss in the pecking order of dogs here. That is she has kicked Bear's butt. Bear is our 85 pound Rottweiler German Shepard mix. Randy the Old Collie could care less, and she has also chased at least two cats, she insists that if they run she has to chase them. But she is pretty happy to be out of the truck again. She will get into a routine soon.

We will continue to search for a good home for her. I love her, and she is a good dog, but I cannot keep her on the truck with me, it simply is not fair to her. She loves being there, but her world closes down a little more every day that she is on the truck. She needs to be with people, and especially kids. I think that it is a good thing that I found her in that truck stop almost a year ago. She would not have survived too many more days in that heat, and she was pretty sick too boot. So in short if anyone is looking for a smart happy little dog (at 35 pounds Dixie is still little compared to Bear) who love to ride, and has learned to bark on command, and give hi fives and low fives then maybe Dixie the Wander Dog is the dog for you. She is a lovable mutt and is very well house and truck broken. She also walks pretty good on a leash, but we are working on that whole "heel" concept. She still thinks that means I am supposed to follow her. But I suspect that she really understands it, she just does not like doing it. She will sit if you stop walking, and if you tell her to take a break she will pee even if she just did it. Pretty good considering she sometimes goes eleven hours without a break.

Well that is it for now.

Dave Talley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12