Friday, November 20, 2009

So little time and so many thoughts

I first must apologize for not posting here in a while. I know that there are some folks that have enjoyed my (To quote my Sister-In-Law) "Rants" and writing. I pulled a lot of the older posts because I wrote something that I knew to be true, but that a lot of others did not either agree with or did not know. Anyway, I have gotten therapy, well I talked to Hammy a lot about it, and I am over it.

Now here is the rest of the story on the previous post. and it is truly important:

Nic Bush is a young Army medic who is stationed at Ft. Hood and arrived for duty just last month in October. Last Thursday he was one of the medics on duty in the Readiness Center during the shootings. While he has physically survived the attack, emotionally he is struggling.

Nic rides every year with myself and ~1,000 other riders across country with Run for the Wall (RFTW) to help raise awareness for the POW/MIA issues and help heal veterans. This group of riders is very close and consider each other family - and thus I consider Nic my family and a brother/son/friend to us all. He had to sell his bike before he came out to Ft. Hood last month and has been saving and planning to buy a new one before next year's Run in May.

I want to help Nic get his bike sooner as he could really use it right now. For those who ride, you know it is good for the soul and certainly would give Nic an outlet for those tough days ahead as he recovers from this tragedy. It certainly won't take away anything from that day, but might bring just a bit of happiness and distraction to his life right now.

If everyone could help pitch in just a bit (even $20 would help), then a little could go a long way and we can help ease at least one soldier get through this difficult time. You can contribute directly from here and see our progress: http://nicbush.chipin.com/nic-bush-ft-hood-soldier If by any chance we collect more than we need, we will put the additional funds together and ask Medic Bush how to direct how to best put the money to use to help other soldiers in need from this incident.

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG to anyone and everyone in your address book you know who loves this country and who might want to help! Thank you!



If you are interested in helping Paula help Nic Bush copy the link and go to the site and chip in. I requires opening a Pay Pal account, but that is painless, and 100% of the money donated is going to the cause. They have almost $2000.00 now and need $10,000.00. If everyone donates about $10.00 they will make it. I have met this young man and he is a great guy. I chipped in, and will do it again, but I really think this is a good cause. Paula is great for doing this, and this guy was not only a first responder to the Foot Hood tragedy, he was also a target of this attack.
Thanks for reading, more light hearted things to come. I have said this before this blog is not dedicated to Run For The Wall, but the writer is. Hopefully any and all FNGs to the Run will get the answers to their questions, and May is only 6 months from now.

Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12