Sunday, April 17, 2011

May is getting closer, and my friends are chomping at the bit to get going on our mission


Even though some of them are still getting snowed on a lot of bikes are already packed. Clyde is ready to go, I just have to go find him, then pack everything into him and fill him up and roll. A word to the wise to any and all, but especially FNG's, when packing make sure you are going to use what you pack. Other than clothes I do not bring anything that I am not going to use every day. I do keep a can of fix a flat on Clyde that I hope I never need, but that and a small tool kit are the only two things I pack that I do not use every day. Less is better when packing on a bike. My first year, way back in 2005 I had a full size military duffel that was packed to the gills. You see I read the packing list and packed pretty much every thing suggested. When my wife and Dad showed up with my pickup truck I loaded that big old bag, It was like having a passenger, into the truck. I learned my lesson, and have been passing it along every chance I get. If you are not going to use something everyday, don't take it.
Ride safe and stay visible, there is safety in numbers, but most of us will be doing at least 1000 miles alone until we meet up with various west bound groups. Take care, and for my trucking friends please please remember these folks need to be watched over, a lot of them, especially me have not ridden since last year, so if they make a mistake, forgive them and take care of them.

For the FNG's welcome to the family, this ride will change your life. To the fence sitters, what are you waiting for, get it done.

Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12