Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Believe it or not I have not had much to say lately

I will start this off with an apology to the folks that follow this blog.  I have not written much because I have not had much to say lately.
Today I visited my Dad, aka The Old Marine, at the Milwaukee, WI, VA hospital.  I will be going back tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday then I have to head home and get ready for work.

Some who follow this know my Dad, he participated in three consecutive Runs for the Wall.  2005, 2006 and 2007.  In 2006 he planned to go all the way, but he got a little ill in New Mexico and had to bail in Illinois.  But he has made all the stops at least once.  He grades the stops by the meals.  Williams Arizona, and Wentzville, MO are both awesome.  At least in his book.  I and Clyde think all the stops are great, but those two above do sort of stand out for a lot of different reasons.

Tonight when I got to the hospital I really did not know what to expect.  The old man is pretty tough, but he is a lot weaker than the last time he was in the hospital, and of course the dialysis is taking it's toll on him.  He fully intends to leave the hospital next week, and he may get that done, provided he gets a little stronger.  He is doing rehab physical therapy three times a week, and dialysis three times a week.  Tomorrow he gets Belgian Waffles, with strawberries, and syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.  (These are home made and will be duly smuggled past the "pogey bait" police  aka hospital staff, and consumed tomorrow before lunch.)

For my friends that are praying for his recovery, I read some of your posts, he smiled and said to make sure and thank you all.  He did get tickled about the Air Force Colonel that sent him the Semper Fi wish, but I thought he would.

In closing I am not sure when I will post again, but I will post again.  Take that as a warning, or a promise.  I talk way too much to stay silent for long.  

Final thought, I am planning on doing this years Run.  I have no idea how, but as I will be camping all the way, no reservations are needed, just time and gas money, and I have the gas money, so forcing the time will be the hardest thing.  This year I will be riding for a whole generation of very tough VETS.  They are from the forgotten war.  The so called Police action known as the Korean War.  My Dad is a Vet from this war, and if I am half as strong at 60 as he is at 78 I will be a happy man.

Bounce.


P.S.
Note to Clyde you will be in the motorcycle shop all winter long, and you will get the royal treatment from Troy, the Royal Venture Mechanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12