Monday, January 14, 2013

Change is good?

Well the visit is over, I will be going back to work tomorrow.  The Company I work for has some great management.  I asked if I could get home more often, and the overall manger for the group I work for told me I could.  It involves getting a passport and having to go into and out of Canada.  Going in is pretty easy, coming back to my own Country is the tough part.  Our Government cannot do anything simply.  My youngest Brother is an electrician, and he said that working in Government buildings is just crazy.  They have parts of the building that are restricted (some of these restrictions are from decades ago, but have never been changed, even though the reason for the restriction are no longer present).  If he has to go into the ceiling areas of the restricted areas he has to make a not of the label and location, then he goes for a walk over about three blocks, and if they are in the office he fills out paperwork for a permit to work on that area.  A week and a half later when the permit is returned he goes back to the job site, opens the ceiling (now he has to take and submit pictures before and after, and since there is no wi fi in most of the Milwaukee VA he has to take pictures, go back to the office show them, then go back to the work site, open the ceiling panel and look for the wiring he needs to work on.    If he guessed wrong, or he has to open a panel three feet over, he has to stop work and close the ceiling up, then head back over and fill out more paperwork.  This all takes time, he has to charge this time, and so what should take about 30 minutes takes over 16 hours.  The Government requires this, and has to pay for the time.  So almost every project costs 30 times what it should.  He is there, willing to do the work, but cannot because of the way he is required to work.

This Blog is not POLITICAL, so I will not rant about how stupid the above is, make your own conclusions.

So I will get a passport and go to Canada, and will waste a lot of time coming back into the Country of my birth.  Funny thing, I do not need the passport to get into Canada, I need it to get back into the United States.

My income will decrease, have to adjust a lot of bills for that, but at least I will still have a job, and I will be able to see my Dad a little more often.  Some folks do not understand this, and in truth neither do I.  I owe him nothing, I want nothing from him, but I feel that I should be there because he asked me to be there more often.
I will still be able to train, just not the same as I used to.  Hopefully students they send will have passports, or I will have to leave them in motels on the state side and pick them up on the way back in.
As for this years Run For The Wall, I won't say I am not going to do it.  I want to but everything will have to fall exactly right.  It is not looking good right now.

Thanks for reading.
Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12