Monday, January 14, 2013

Waiting for permission to write

There is a great story that I want to tell, and as soon as Krazy Karl says I can I will.  It is about the "Truck Talkers"  what we did and what I will do again should I ever make another Run For The Wall.  I hope Karl lets me tell it, it is a fun story.  This is just a tease;

Karl and I just talk to trucks on the radio, and to each other.  Typical conversation : Trucker "Holy Cow that is a lot of Bikes!  Wonder what they are doing?"  Bounce "Krazy your phone is ringing"  Krazy (He has a distinct New Hampshire accent and a deep voice that people tend to listen too) "Driver this is Run For The Wall, it is not a Rally, it is not a Party, it is a POW/MIA awareness Mission.  We started out in LA three days ago, and we will be in Washington D.C. to support Rolling Thunder in 10 days.  May God Bless the great American Truck Driver, and our Troops, if we lose either the country is lost"  Driver "Thanks for the info, God Bless you, wish I could do that"  Krazy "You can Driver, I drive 48 weeks out of the year so I can come do this for 4 weeks. Anyone can ride with us, all it takes is a little planning"  Bounce "Thanks for your patience driver, thanks for staying in the middle of your lane, the bikes know you are there and they will give you all the room you need.  You have two more platoons, and then our Missing Man Formation and you will have passed Run For The Wall.  Thanks again and God Bless you"  Driver "Thanks, keep doing it and Krazy I will see about trying to get that done next year.  If not I will think about you guys.  God Bless you for what you are doing."


That is just a minute of what it is like, and the story of how it got started has two sides, waiting on Krazy's side so I can write the full story.


Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12