Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 10 complete mission almost complete

Well it has been an amazing run.  It is hard to believe that 10 days ago I left Los Angeles with 300 other bikers in front of me.   We went through a lot of great small towns.  We were greeted by some really patriotic people, saluted, waved at, and hugged, by thousands.

The mission is to demand an accounting of and return of all missing in action, and to promote healing for veterans of all wars.  We have succeeded in doing that.  I made a short video in front of the OOIDA offices before I was interviewed by Reed Black.  The link is below:

http://youtu.be/btmMhq-sO9Y

You may have to copy it into your browser line.  It was a pleasure to tape it and to narrate what was going on.  We ride in parade formation all the way across country, and we do it well.  No one rides like we do, and we ride as we do for safety.

Everyone on all three routes is in Arlington VA tonight.

Tomorrow the new guys and gals get to ride into Arlington Cemetery.  This is a privilege reserved exclusively for Run for The Wall.  No other group is allowed to do this.  You can ride motorcycles into Arlington but not as a group. We will lay a wreath at the tomb of the Unknown,  and then go to the Wall.

I will ride a shuttle there, I have a remembrance to leave there, a flag from OOIDA and then I have some pins to turn.  I am then heading back west to Wisconsin.  The plan is to visit a friend in Hurricane, WV tomorrow, and be home by Monday evening.  its only a thousand miles.  I have already ridden a little over 6000 miles.  Piece of cake.

Bounce


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12