Tuesday, May 19, 2015

We Have a Recipient of the MOH riding with us, and yes Shadow he was my friend first

On Monday I rode to OOIDA with 5 bikes, Me, Msgt Ret Leroy Petry, Pokey, Piccolo, Katmandu and Boomer.

MSgt Petry is a really nice and easy going guy.  He has been asked to speak before some of the venues we stop at.  That is expected of a holder of the MOH.

Leroy could ride anywhere he wants to in the  pack, including in front with the Route Coordinator.  He insists on riding as a regular rider, and he is a good rider.  He has become a friend, and he is the second MOH that I have met and Befriended, the first being John Bacca.

Leroy did an interview with Reed Black of Land line now magazine and radio show.  That is airing on Sirius XM radio tonight with repeats until Memorial day.  I also answered a few questions.  Then Eamon Tensey, aka Boomer (which I have told is Aussie slang for a really big Kangaroo)  answered a few questions.  I never knew that the Australian Vietnam Vets were treated badly.  Eamon says they were just ignored because no one there considered Vietnam a real war there.

OOIDA treated us well and we made it to lunch on time.  After 7 days of riding this year I am sore and tired and yet I am determined.  I am taking a picture of the Old Marine to the wall.  My brother is carrying two of our Dad's hats to the wall.  The plan is to leave one hat at the Korean Memorial, and the Other at the Wall.  We will leave his RFTW hat at the Korean Memorial, and his Korean Vet Marine hat at the Vietnam Memorial.
This way the crossover between the two generations of warriors will be represented.

Clyde is running great.  Amazing what a new transmission will do for a motorcycle.


Bounce out







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12