Sunday, November 12, 2017

Life is Good

Life is good.   This week I had to go to Milwaukee to visit with my Brothers and Sister.  My nieces, nephew  and daughter were also  there.  It was almost like a Family reunion.  But it truly was not.  We were all there to attend my Mother's funeral.  Although this should have been a sad occasion, it truly was not.  Mom had a long life, and most of it was good.  We chose to remember the good times.   The times she made us laugh, and the times she helped us.   She and my Dad, were responsible for both my Brothers and my Sister going to Wisconsin Lutheran High School, and also in a way her grandchildren that live in Milwaukee going there too.   She was also in some ways responsible for my grand children going to a church school.

The memorial service was very nice.  We had a wake or family rememberance of her the night before.  On the night after we watched Super 8 movies of her, my Dad, and a lot of our family.  It was really a good time.  There were actually pictures of my Brother and I smiling together, and film footage of it too.   Life is so good.

I will miss my Mom, she had a way of making me smile even when I was in the worst of moods.  I loved her, and she loved all of her children.  If not for her my brothers would not have met the women that they have been married to, I would not have the children and grand children that I have.

The pastor said some one had described her as fearless, and she was.  Always up for a challenge, and relentless when she thought she was right. 

I danced with her at my nephew's wedding and she was so happy there.  I will remember her that way.

She is with God now and with her parents and brothers and sisters that she loved so much.  She is not suffering anymore and she is smiling down on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12