Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Report that this years Run is over was a little premature

Yesterday after I posted I saw two very familiar bikes headed west on Interstate 70. I saw a white trike with a VW engine, and a trailer followed by a brown Harley. This couple were definitely on the Central Route of Run for the Wall. In fact I helped push start the trike in Hurricane WV when its alternator quit working, and the Harley, well that thing blew up on the way to Lewisburg, VA. That I found out about on Saturday in DC when the rider of that bike rolled up on a brand new Ultra. His bike was in the shop at Shenandoah Harley. When the owner found out that this guy would have to ride on the back of his wife's trike, he decided to give him a three day demonstration ride. They looked like they were rolling pretty good so I guess they got the Harley fixed OK. I blew my Air Horn and waved, but I doubt that either of them knew it was me. If they read this they will know. I have received emails, and calls from others, and POP TOP was in the chat room so I think he is home too. I also got a call from the WV coordinator for next year. He has a tough act to follow, Krispy has done great in that job for the last five years that I have been involved in the Run. But since he works in an office that looks over where we park when the Governor takes his picture with us I think he will do fine.

One last thought for today, the poll is going a little different that I expected. Three votes, one no and two yes. How ever it turns out I will be thinking hard about reconnecting this blog to the CR web page. I may never have the chance to do it, but hearing how the readers that I have feel about it is important to me. Thanks,

Dave Talley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12