Thursday, January 27, 2011

RUN FOR THE WALL 2005




This video and song are very important to me. It was made in 2005 the year that I was an FNG on Run For The Wall. It took me 5 trips to that hallowed place to be able to walk the entire length of it. I have friends on that wall, and have never been able to look up the panels that their names are posted on....maybe this year, maybe not. I want to thank all my friends on the Run for putting up with me all this time, and for allowing me the privilege of riding with these heroes. I was not there but I still care. I served but it was after Viet Nam ended. My war was the Cold war, and Desert Storm, and Operation Provide comfort. Every time I go to the wall I can feel its presence and the power of the place. I do not know what it is, maybe the souls of the names, maybe the bad memories left there, maybe the letting go of things there, but people can feel the Wall from about a half a mile away. I will never be able to put into words how much I owe my younger Brother for convincing me that I needed to do Run For The Wall, all I can say to him is Thanks and Welcome Home.


Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12