Monday, May 9, 2011

Bikes are moving west slowly but surely

Today I am sitting at a receiver in Wisconsin waiting to get my trailer empty so I can go home and pack my bike for this years Run for the Wall. Clyde is having his battery charged and has been cleaned up after his months in storage next to a really fine looking Harley.

The real purpose of this post is to remind my truck driving friends that there are a lot om Bikes headed west this week and next. On Wednesday well over a thousand motorcycles will depart Ontario California heading to Washington D.C. Many of these bikes are traveling alone and in pairs or small groups. As they get further west they will be joining each other. If you folks see them let off some steam and let them know you appreciate their mission. PLEASE do your best to protect them. All of us have jobs, I myself have taken about 12 total days off in the last year and a half in order to get enough cash to do this trip. I will be camping all the way across because it is cheaper, and gas is not cheap. I want to thank the company I am leased to for allowing me to take the time to do this mission. The $500.00 that I got for being second in the Owner Operator of the Year competition helps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12