Friday, May 13, 2011

First leg of my Run to the Run is over safely



Today I rode over 600 miles, and finally made it to my Brothers house in Colorado Springs. Wore my rain gear most of the morning, but never got any rain. Left it on for three fuel stops cause the sky kept threatening to cut loose. I think I left it on after the second stop cause I was keeping warm, in fact I am sure if the clouds would have dumped anything it would have been snow. Clyde must be mad at me, he burned out the brand new head lamp I put in him two days ago. Now I have to take him apart again and install a new one. So much for saying I hope that never happens on the road. Went 7 years without ever burning out, and then two in less than two weeks....makes you wonder just how inanimate that inanimate object is. Well at least he isn't dumping me on the ground this year. Actually averaged about 39 MPG which is pretty good since I was really rolling in Nebraska (speed limit is 75 and I was doing all of that according to my GPS and then some) averaged 69 MPH for 9 and a half hours.
Stopped in at the Lexington Military Vehicles Museum, great place, could have stayed in there for the whole day, but had to get here. Took some pictures and I will be posting them here and on my face book page when I figure out how to get them off my phone (batteries died in camera)
Lastly the poll ends tomorrow and it looks like the compilation of airmen staging aircraft is more popular than the two dancing marines. Thanks to all that voted, more of that kind of thing to come. I may be doing it with pictures from the run. So if you have a suggestion for that sort of thing please leave me a comment and I will moderate and post your comment and try to do the comparison.

Thanks again to everyone that reads this, I will be posting every day of the run, and hopefully will have pictures too. I will post again when I get to Utah, and then again when I get to California. Thanks to both the web administrators for Central and Southern route for linking my blog to those pages.

Dave Bounce Talley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12