Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 7 done, goal on raising money with kife reached, all safe

OK  first things first Clyde lived up to his threat yesterday.  He tried it in a rest area, where I am sure the truckers would have applauded considering some of my fellow riders antics in the last 6 days, but I actually did an Arty Johnson move at the end of the Corydon IN on ramp yesterday evening.  Nothing hurt but my pride, Clyde as usual landed on his crash bars. Pride hurt because there were about 6 road guards and three sheriff's deputies standing there.  When good old Clyde started to go over I just jumped off of him and sprawled on the ground and moaned very loudly.  When the Sheriff's deputy nearest me got to me and asked if I was OK, I told him yes, but please get the bike up.  He and a few of the Run Road Guards picked Clyde up, I then proceeded to jump up, get on the bike, and just then someone yelled (Fuel Crew coming in) I said "I am OK, and road off to the Wal-Mart parking lot.  Man I was tired, very tired.  I got some stuff to relieve the pain on the bottoms of my feet, and some more batteries and an air mattress pump, mine died, and went down to the camp ground for dinner and a well deserved rest.  No post last night because I could not get enough band width to do it.  Got my daily check call done though

We visited with some folks at Jefferson Barracks, and the singer of the National anthem (He has done this 6 times for us) was once again great.  Talked with a survivor, MIA POW from the Battle of the Bulge.  I thanked him for insuring my freedom, and welcomed him home.  This man is very lucky because the German Army did not allow many prisoners to survive, they could not ship them to Germany, and they had no food to share with them in Bastogne, they just shot them instead.  But War is not pretty, and we won that one any way.

The ride yesterday was pretty good.  We had two bikes  my little prat fall and one bike went off on a curve onto an on ramp. No real damage to Clyde (I think he may have said he was planning of embarrassing me anyway) The bike that lost it in the curve broke a fog lamp, and a few screws holding windshield on is about all.  Rider had a grass stained shirt and some bruises, but that was it.  All in all it was a good day.  Woke up this morning looking forward to more warm weather, and clear skies.  Should be a good day.

Bounce







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12