Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Home At Last

Another Mission completed, 6500 plus miles, and my butt is sore.  Clyde has been unpacked, and next time I am home I will clean him up and change his oil.  He ran like a champ but I am a little worried about his transmission.  All that fast down shifting is probably not good for him.  But he is not complaining.  Total MPG was a little over 45 MPG for the entire run.  Not to shabby, and Clyde now has 40,000 miles on him.  Not even broken in. 
I enjoyed this years Run, and stopped back in at Rainelle for a visit on the way home.  I also had dinner with Bones Pouge in Lewisburg on the way back.  He is a great guy, and I really respect him and his opinions.  Well that is about it.  I am guessing that my readership will drop down now that I am not on the Run.  That is OK.  Just remember this Blog is not dedicated to the Run For The Wall, but the writer is. 
Thanks Reed Black, Glen Jones, Joey Holiday, Krazy Karl Haartz, Harry Steelman, Dave Gladwill, and all the folks on all the teams on RFTW 2011.  You folks made my Run this year.  Jonesy next time I call at midnight it would be nice not to keep me on hold until thirty minutes before the Vtwin Alarm Clock goes off.

Thanks again, especially to the riders, you did great.  See you all next year.

Bounce,

Out and standing by on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12