Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Road Home is always long.

I am on the Road Home.  It is always long.  Looking at my stats there are a lot of folks looking at my blog, and some of you are active duty.  Thank You for reading my writing. I hope you enjoyed the photos.  I have a few more.
Today I rode an extra few miles to try to find a better transition for the Run in Virginia.  The move from I-64 to I-81 is short, hard for oncoming trucks to see, and tough to get done right.  Unfortunately there is no way to get to the easier ramp without stopping traffic at over a dozen lights.  So we will be doing it the hard way.  I did find that going south a little further will work for talking to trucks.  I can contact the trucks sooner, and with the right words they moved this year, and the cars went with them.  It went so smooth that I did not see the pack do it, and when I came up the hill they were gone. That was OK, I was almost sure they had already gone by, but when the Chase two truck came up the ramp I new for sure. Of course the trikes and bikes with trailers had gone ahead so the pack was a lot shorter.  As our riders get older the seem to need more stuff, or maybe it is just more stable rides.  I met a gal that came from Wentzville, MO with us that rides a trike, and she is a little over 70, but she does not look it, and she is a great rider.

This may surprise some of the riders that rode with me, but this was the best run ever for me.  I did it on the cash I had allowed myself to use, almost, but did not use credit.  I got to camp a lot and meet new friends and talk with old friends.  It was a great trip.  The weather was challenging, but we all survived it.  There is a special patch for the ones that rode into Williams AZ, and it is cool.  A snowman riding a bike up hill.  It is in black and white, but that is also cool cause we were riding at night so everything was pretty much black, except that snow, it was white, real white.

The Riders are making their way home, I had dinner with Bones tonight, he is a great guy, and a good friend.  I would never have known him but for the Run, but we now talk at least once a month, and sometimes more often.  He is a busy man as I am but both of us will always take time to talk to friends.
Tonight at Lewisburg, WV Bones and I met one of the Waitresses from Applebees and she got the information for the Run Web page, she stated that she would not mind going to the wall, but she doesn't ride a bike.  Little does she know, we told her to join the forum and read up on what we do.  Who knows, we may have recruited an new FNG for next year.  For those of you who do not know it that is a term of endearment on the Run and it stands for Fun New Guy or Gal.

Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12