Monday, May 25, 2009

OK already I will keep writing

I wrote something I should have thought more about and should have been clearer about in an email. I thought I was pretty clear, but was not. These words caused a firestorm, and I got burned badly. I have asked for forgiveness from the person I upset, and he has given me that. He understands that I misspoke. I no longer have the heart to write. I am sorry about that. I have said that this blog was not dedicated to the Run For The Wall, but the writer is. Well I was and still am, but I will not be riding with those wonderful people again. I will miss them. I love all of them, even the ones that rub me wrong and that I rub wrong. This years Run was successful in that there were no life threatening injuries, and the mission was completed with the laying of a wreath on Saturday, and a lot of FNG's were helped to get to the Wall. The Rolling Thunder parade was pretty much shut down by the Capital Police. There is no respect for Veterans in D.C. When the Police stopped the parade to allow pedestrians to cross the street I finally realized that we truly were trespassers in our own Capital. I wonder what I sacrificed so much for, what my family sacrificed so much for, what all those Vets that were there had sacrificed for. We were not honored, nor were we given the respect that some of those Veterans have earned by losing limbs and peace of mind. We were just an annoyance.
As for the Run For The Wall, I am still dedicated to it, and will support it, but will never be able to ride with them again. It breaks my heart to write this, and that is at least in part the reason that this blog will end with this post.
This blog started because I was upset about something someone else had written. Today some one posted a reply to my last entry that opened my eyes a lot. That person was right in everything they said. I do rant, and I do go on about things I should not. So it started because I was upset about something some one else said, and it ends pretty much the same way.
If you enjoyed the words I wrote I thank you, if I offended anyone I am sorry.

As for all previous postings here they have been deleted. *God Bless the American Soldier, and the American Trucker, without them this Country would stop.

*Krazy

May God Bless all the riders as they head home knowing their mission is accomplished again this year, and may they never forget, and never quit until everyone our Government left behind comes home.

This is not the final post. It was going to be, but friends have brought me back from running and hiding in a cave. I had no idea how important these rants were to some folks. More to come. As for the Mission of Run For The Wall, it is greater than any one person. I do not know if I will do it again or not. Time will tell. Everything happens for a reason, EVERYTHING. Also I love my Brother, and my Run Family, I will desert neither. Those that pick a fight with my Brother, had better be ready to fight me too. He has apologized to me, and no apology was needed. I have apologized to him, because I was wrong.


Dave Talley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12