Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Video Bar Information

The video bar that I had been running was old information. I have updated it with two new videos. The first one is RFTW's Southern Route arriving in Blythe, CA. When I can find another about Central Route I will post it. Run For The Wall is one Run, two routes. Check the history of the run for an explanation of that idea. In reality there are more than five routes. Two Run For The Wall routes, Northern Veterans Awareness Ride (NVAR) for short, and believe me that makes Vietnam Vets stand up and take notice. An Eastern Route that starts in Wisconsin and goes north through Canada and then back down I-95 to DC. Then There is a Rolling Thunder group that comes out of Los Angels too. All of these people ride for those who cannot. All of these people are bringing out awareness of POW/MIA issues, and Veterans issues.

The RFTW forum has some comments about the Central Route from people I dearly love. I do not agree with these comments. I also do not think that the Forum is the place for these comments, but I can disagree with those comments here freely. Central Route is not going downhill fast. The fact that we had so many new people this year does not reflect that loyal riders are going away, it does reflect that communication works. I have talked up the Run on Satellite radio for five years, and some of that might be why more people are aware of the Run.
Those new people are partly the reason that I do not believe the central route is going downhill. Some of them will be back next year. Yes some of the folks that have done the Run for years will not be back. It has been thirty years or more since Vietnam was ended, and people that started the Run are getting older. I think the Run has aged well, and grown well. I believe that our not forgetting, and our not allowing the returning troops of today to be treated the way the Vietnam troops were treated has reaped its own rewards. A great number of the new people are currently on active duty, or just released from the military. They need to heal too. That is what the Run has become. I believe in the mission. I believe in the people, and I pray that I will have the strength and wisdom to do the run again someday. If not next year then some year.

Dave Talley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, positive or negative all comments will be posted to this blog so that everyone can see them. I will start moderating comments as of today. Please remember that the kids at Rainelle will be reading this blog. I will post your words but may blank anything inappropriate for k thru 12